Friday, June 19, 2009

Our planet - EARTH...

There is one place, you stand on it, you walk on it, it shelter you with layers of green leaf and woody stem, giving you enough fresh air, breathing to survive. You had taken most of its possesion without permission for you own needs - food, place of shelter, cloth to warming up your cool body and water to relieve thirsty. And now you want to own it more for your demands - dig hole on it, felling the trees, flowing toxin and chemical material into all part of it's area, and more cruel, killing its natural creatures for making the so call "fashion" garments.

This place called EARTH. Before you intend to do anything bad on it, watch this!



And now go ahead....

Hey, what about yesterday
What about the seas
The heavens are falling down
I can't even breathe
What about the bleeding Earth
Can't we feel its wounds
What about nature's worth
It's our planet's womb
What about animals
We've turned kingdoms to dust
What about elephants
Have we lost their trust
What about crying whales
We're ravaging the seas
What about forest trails
Burnt despite our pleas
What about the holy land
Torn apart by creed
What about the common man
Can't we set him free
What about children dying
Can't you hear them cry
Where did we go wrong
Someone tell me why
What about babies
What about the days
What about all their joy
What about the man
What about the crying man
What about Abraham
What about death again
Do we give a damn

2 comments:

iRENE said...

I went to plant shop with my brother yesterday, wanna buy some big plants to make my house more "green". Saw a plant and the gardener told me, it is RM880. I can't imagine, a plant can cost nearly thousand. But he told me, that plant take more than 15 years to grow, the effort that put in to take care of it, is actually more than RM880.

I think that is true, but it is too costly for me. At the end, I just bought a small one, RM70 and hopefully by 15 years, my plants will look like the one in his shop. :-)

Plant = dog, it require time & effort... I just had my 2nd long term "commitment". :-)

Stella Lee said...

yea, plant is a life too...it provide us the oxigen that we need, free! must take good care of it...:-)